Random Act of Kindness Day 2022
Launched in 1995, Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) day is an annual opportunity to unite people around the world through kindness. In our crazy, scheduled worlds, we rarely take the time to slow down and reflect on how fortunate we are!
What is RAOK Day all about?
This is an event that encourages the philosophy of ‘paying it forward’. The intent of this day is to perform and celebrate kind acts, not only for others but for yourself, and to reinforce the vision of building a better community. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time or money; you could do just one tiny thing or multiple acts over a period of time. It all makes a difference. Just a simple act of kindness can make a tremendous impact on a person’s life!
Why don’t you take part?
There are so many things you can do and here are just a few examples:
1. Buy someone a coffee – if you’re back in the office you could even just make one for them!
2. Let the person in line behind you go ahead of you.
3. Sit next to someone who is sitting alone at lunch.
4. Help an elderly neighbour.
5. Write your siblings a note about how much you appreciate them.
6. Forgive someone or give up a grudge – they do not even need to know.
7. Hold the door open for someone.
8. Do a chore without being asked.
9. Bake your favourite cookies for a neighbour.
10. Contribute to a foodbank or homeless charity.
11. Call your grandparents.
12. Surprise some friends with dinner.
13. Go through the drive-thru and pay for the car behind you.
14. Clean up the classroom for your teacher.
15. Donate gently used toys to a charity.
16. Do something mindful – reflect on the good things you have!
17. Phone someone who you haven’t spoken to for a long time; consider the lonely people.
18. Be kind to yourself – yes, every act of kindness you do for others is also an act of kindness to yourself. Giving is receiving.
So…what will you do for Random Act of Kindness Day?
Please spread the word, the more we share this, the more people it reaches!