Business and Website Privacy & Cookies Policy
We’ve created this policy, which covers how Solaris Health
1. Introduction and General Terms
Vivacity Advertising, a division of Solaris Health, is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our clients and contacts. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following online services:
- The vivacity advertising website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- social media or official vivacity advertising content on other websites.
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence, and in person.
To provide you with the full range of vivacity advertising services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains:
- what information vivacity advertising may collect about you;
- how vivacity advertising will use information we collect about you;
- when vivacity advertising may use your details to contact you;
- whether vivacity advertising will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
- how you can change the way we hold and use your personal information.
Whenever you provide personal information, we are legally obliged to use it in line with all applicable laws concerning its protection, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the “data protection regulations”).
2. Who are we?
Vivacity Advertising is a health communications agency. We deliver insightful strategies and standout campaigns full of richness, colour and life, all driven by the team’s passion and energy. We are a division of Solaris Health, which is a subsidiary of the listed UK company The Mission Group plc and we sometimes work with other companies in the group to help deliver services to clients.
3. What information will Vivacity Advertising collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of vivacity advertising’s services, activities or online content we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth.
4. How will Vivacity Advertising use the information it collects about me?
Vivacity Advertising will use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to analyse the information you supply as well as your activity on our (and other) services so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service where we provide personalised services;
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers so we can identify the location of users, block disruptive use, establish the number of visits from different countries and determine whether or not you are accessing the services from the UK;
- for analysis and research purposes so that we can improve the services offered by vivacity advertising. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources where this helps us;
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where Vivacity Advertising proposes using your personal information for any other use we will ensure that we notify you first. Please see section 15 for details.
5. When will Vivacity Advertising LTH contact me?
Vivacity Advertising may contact you:
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Vivacity Advertising products or services;
- in relation to any services you are using;
- to update you on any material changes to vivacity advertising’s policies and practices; and
- for marketing purposes, as set out in section 6.
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We offer occasional emails to let you know about Vivacity Advertising initiatives and services. We may personalise the message content based on any information you have provided to us and on your use of Vivacity Advertising’s platforms.
We may use information we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third-party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and LinkedIn).
7. Will Vivacity Advertising share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within Vivacity Advertising except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons) or as described in this section and section 8.
We may share your information where this is necessary to provide you with a service you have requested, or with other Mission Group agencies.
We will use your information within Vivacity Advertising and will only share it outside the Mission Group where you have requested it or given your consent. However, we may share with third-party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, MailChimp, credit reference suppliers, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter) some data, with appropriate security measures, to show you relevant advertising on third-party sites, as set out in section 6.
Sometimes Vivacity Advertising uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. Vivacity Advertising requires these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and Vivacity Advertising requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in that way.
8. Offensive or inappropriate content on Vivacity Advertising website
If you post or send content which we consider offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to Vivacity Advertising websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, Vivacity Advertising may remove that content and/or block access.
Where Vivacity Advertising considers that you may be in breach of any applicable laws, for example on hate speech, Vivacity Advertising may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties, including to law enforcement agencies or your internet provider. Vivacity Advertising would only do so in circumstances where such disclosure is permitted under applicable laws, including data protection regulations.
9. What if I am a user under 18?
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Vivacity Advertising.
10. How long will Vivacity Advertising keep my information?
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Vivacity Advertising.
11. Can I delete my data?
You can request that Vivacity Advertising delete any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting DPR@vivacityadvertising.com with your request.
12. Can I find out what personal information Vivacity Advertising holds about me?
Under the data protection regulations, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Vivacity Advertising holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
If you are within the UK, please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Data Privacy Team (Email: DPR@vivacityadvertising.com)
Please note, we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
If we feel we need to establish your identity, we may ask for proof of such before providing any personal data.
13. Web browser cookies
a) What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier, that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Vivacity Advertising website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On the Vivacity Advertising website, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
c) Third-party cookies in embedded content on vivacity advertising pages.
Below are details of cookies set by services we use to better understand the use of Vivacity Advertising’s website. You can customise your consent preferences at any time by following the cookies link available on every page.
Duration: 1 year
Description: CookieYes sets this cookie to remember users’ consent preferences so that their preferences are respected on their subsequent visits to this site. It does not collect or store any personal information of the site visitors.
Duration: 2 years
Description: Vimeo installs this cookie to collect tracking information by setting a unique ID to embed videos to the website.
Description: Vimeo sets this cookie which is essential for the website to play video functionality.
Duration: 30 minutes
Description: This cookie, set by Cloudflare, is used to support Cloudflare Bot Management.
Domain: . vivacityadvertising.com
Duration: 2 years
Description: The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.
Domain: . vivacityadvertising.com
Duration: 1 day
Description: Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.
Domain: . vivacityadvertising.com
Duration: 1 minute
Description: This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to restrain request rate and thus limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.
e) Other information collected from web browsers.
Your web browser may also provide Vivacity Advertising with information about your device such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. When requesting specific services, it may be possible for you to choose to provide Vivacity Advertising with access to your device’s location through the web browser. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to Vivacity Advertising, and this may be captured by performance cookies.
14. Do not track (DNT) browser setting
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third-party ad networks, social networks and analytics companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests.
15. Changes to Vivacity Advertising’s Privacy and Cookies Policy
16. Contacting Vivacity Advertising about this Privacy and Cookies Policy
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact: DPR@vivacityadvertising.com
Last updated October 2023