Plastic Free July®
Plastic Free July® is a global effort that helps millions of people be part of the solution to plastic pollution, so we can have cleaner streets and oceans, and beautiful communities.
The Plastic Free Challenge is to reduce single-use plastic waste everyday at home, work, school, and even at your local café.
In July 2020 alone, an estimated 326 million people from 177 countries across the globe took part in the challenge. An IPSOS survey revealed that 29% of people surveyed worldwide were aware of the Plastic Free July challenge and almost half of those chose to take part in 2018.
Plastic Free July participants:
- reduce their household waste and recycling by 21 kg per person per year (almost 5%)
- contribute to a total saving of 940 million kg of plastic waste each year
- 5 out of 10 people made changes that have become habits/ a way of life
Here is how some of the agency team contribute to a plastic-free way of life:
- “I’ve stopped with single-use takeaway cups and invested in an environmentally-friendly reusable made of ceramic. You even get a discount for using a reusable cup which is great!”
- “I make a conscious effort to visit my local plastic free store offering refill stations on bulk food goods, household and personal toiletries.”
- “Before making a purchase, I stop and think: Is there a better alternative? Do I need this? Or, do I need this much? Taking this approach has certainly helped me become more plastic conscious”
Will you be part of Plastic Free July by choosing to refuse single-use plastics? Click on the link to see how you can take the Plastic Free Challenge: